When speaking English, sometimes we have to describe people. In this lesson, we are going to learn adjectives describing personalities. Each word in the lesson has spelling, transcription, and meaning of the word. We also include a video to the lesson.
Adjectives Describing Personality
The list of adjectives below is commonly used to describe people’s personalities. The personality adjectives are useful for us when we talk about someone in daily conversations.
ambitious /æmˈbɪʃəs/: có hoài bảo, có ước mơ
– determined to be successful, rich, powerful, etc.
clever /ˈklevə(r)/: thông minh
– quick at learning and understanding things.
intelligent /ɪnˈtelɪdʒənt/: thông minh, thông thái
– good at learning, understanding, and thinking in a logical way about things; showing this ability.
smart /smɑːt/: thông minh, bảnh bao, sáng sủa
– (of people) looking clean and neat; well dressed in fashionable and/or formal clothes.
good-fun /ɡʊd fʌn/: tính tình vui vẻ, dễ gần, vui tính
– If you describe a person as ‘good fun‘, it means that they are good company. They have a good sense of humour and a sociable personality, and it is fun to be around them.
humorous /ˈhjuːmərəs/ or funny /ˈfʌni/: khôi hài, hài hước
– funny; showing a sense of humour
creative /kriˈeɪtɪv/: sáng tạo, có óc sáng tạo.
– involving the use of skill and the imagination to produce something new or a work of art
hard-working /ˌhɑːd ˈwɜːkɪŋ/: siêng năng, chăm chỉ
– putting a lot of effort into a job and doing it well
patient /ˈpeɪʃnt/: kiên nhẫn
– able to wait for a long time or accept annoying behaviour or difficulties without becoming
reliable /rɪˈlaɪəbl/: đáng tin cậy
– that can be trusted to do something well; that you can rely on
outgoing /ˌaʊtˈɡəʊɪŋ/ or sociable /ˈsəʊʃəbl/: dễ gần, chan hòa, thân mật
– liking to meet other people, enjoying their company and being friendly towards them
open-minded /ˌəʊpən ˈmaɪndɪd/: Cởi mở, Rộng rãi, phóng khoáng, không thành kiến
– willing to listen to, think about or accept different ideas
sensitive /ˈsensətɪv/: nhạy cảm, dễ bị ảnh hưởng bởi những gì người khác nói và làm
– aware of and able to understand other people and their feelings
– reacting quickly or more than usual to something
sensible /ˈsensəbl/: Có óc xét đoán, biểu lộ óc xét đoán
– able to make good judgements based on reason and experience rather than emotion; practical
artistic /ɑːˈtɪstɪk/: có óc thẩm mỹ, khéo léo
– showing a natural skill or pleasure in art, especially being able to paint or draw well
supportive /səˈpɔːtɪv/: Đem lại sự giúp đỡ, khuyến khích; thông cảm
– encouraging somebody or giving them help or sympathy
adventurous /ədˈventʃərəs/: thích phiêu lưu, thích mạo hiểm, phiêu lưu, mạo hiểm,
– willing to take risks and try new ideas; enjoying being in new, exciting situations
considerate /kənˈsɪdərət/: ân cần, chu đáo, hay quan tâm người khác.
– always thinking of other people’s wishes and feelings; careful not to hurt or upset others
conscientious /ˌkɒnʃiˈenʃəs/: tận tâm, tận tụy, chu đáo
– taking care to do things carefully and correctly
helpful /ˈhelpfl/ : giúp đỡ; giúp ích; có ích
– able to improve a particular situation
talented /ˈtæləntɪd/: có tài; có khiếu
– having a natural ability to do something well
confident /ˈkɒnfɪdənt/: tự tin
– feeling sure about your own ability to do things and be successful
knowledgeable /ˈnɒlɪdʒəbl/: có nhiều kiến thức, hiểu biết sâu rộng
– knowledgeable (about something) knowing a lot
generous /ˈdʒenərəs/: hào phóng, rộng rãi
– giving or willing to give freely; given freely
careful /ˈkeəfl/: tính cẩn thận, cẩn trọng
– giving attention or thought to what you are doing so that you avoid hurting yourself, damaging something or doing something wrong
caring /ˈkeərɪŋ/: tốt bụng, tử tế, quan tâm người khác.
– kind, helpful and showing that you care about other people
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.