Talking about you is a simple English lesson for practicing your English Speaking. In this lesson, you learn words for talking about you and how to talk about you by telling people your personal information; your name, job, place of work, and your free time activities. By the end of this lesson, you’ll be able to talk naturally and clearly in English about you, your free time and hobbies.
Let’s Learn how to talk about you
Below is a video that helps you learn and practice talking about you. And after that, there is a section of vocabulary to learn for introducing yourself. Let’s begin the lesson now:
Words for talking about you
These are useful expressions to introduce yourself and introducing people:
- My name is …
- I’m …. Nice to meet you;
- I’m … Pleased to meet you;
- I’m … Let me introduce myself;
- I’m … I’d like to introduce myself;
- I’m …
And these are expressions to introduce others:
- Jack, please meet Nicolas.
- Jack, have you met Nicolas?
- I’d like you to meet Liza.
- I’d like to introduce you to Betty.
- Leila, this is Barbara. Barbara this is Leila.
Ways of Talking about you in English
- Name: What’s your name? My name is Tim
- Job: What is your job? I’m a university student.
What do you do? I’m an engineer.
- Your work place or school
Where do you work? I work in HCM City, a city in Vietnam.
Where do you go to school? I go to ABC university
- free time activities or hobbies What do you do in your free time? I like listening to music or reading books in my free time.
Suggested questions: What do you like doing in your free time? Do you have any interesting hobbies? Look at the examples:
- My name’s Lan. I’m unemployed. I’m learning English. I come from Vietnam, and I live in My Tho city. I speak Vietnamese and a little English. In my free time, I like listening to music and watch TV.
- Philippe is a barman. He comes from France. He lives in Paris, and he works in the centre of Paris. He speaks French and a little English. He’s not married. He has a dog. He likes walking his dog and playing football in his free time.
- Keiko is an interpreter, and she’s from Japan. She lives in New York, and she works at the United Nations. She speaks Japanese, English, and French. And she’s married to an American with two sons. In her free time she likes skiing in winter, and going for walks in summer.
Learning English with Courses
We provide online English courses are an integration of self-paced learning and live online learning. With our online courses, you can learn English anywhere, any time with a mobile device or desktop and internet connection. You can talk to our online real time teacher when you have pro student account.
Choose the online course you like and register your online Student Account to begin learning.
- Tiếng Anh Phổ thông online (for students in Vietnam Only)
- English Speaking Course (internationally)
- General English Course (internationally)
- Online EAP (English for Academic Purposes) Courses (internationally)
- Online ESP (English for Specific Purposes) Courses (internationally)
- Online IELTS Test Preparation Course (internationally offered)
- Online TOEC Test Preparation Course (internationally offered)
Ben English Channel
Ben English Channel helps you learn English better! There are many free English video lessons and tips to learn English. Hi, my name’s Ben Tran and I’m an English teacher. I currently hold a M.A in TESOL – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages – granted by University of Western Sydney, Australia. Please subscribe to Ben English channel and you won’t miss any lesson.